Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr
Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Infectious Disease. Dr. Bodey is affiliated with University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer, M.D.Anderson Cancer Center and MD Anderson Cancer Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr has the following 27 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Community-Acquired Infections
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Nocardia Infections
- Paramyxoviridae Infections
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Staphylococcal Infections (Staph Infection)
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- Thrush (Oral Candidasis)
- Virus Diseases
- Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)
Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Bodey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
M.D.Anderson Cancer Center
MD Anderson Cancer Center
53 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University
Graduated in 1960
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr, MD - Internal Medicine in Houston, TX, in this video.
Dr. Gerald Bodey Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.