Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald T Byers III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Ive known Dr. Byers for a long time. I was a nurse at a nursing home he was on staff at. At that time I felt his bedside manner with the residents there was overwhelming. He spoke to them in such a way that they understood what he was telling them. He treated the staff with respect and when we needed orders from him he was right there to help us. So when my day came to be that resident in a nursing home I felt that same treatment come to myself. When I left the nursing home I decided to keep him on as my PCP. He has been such a good doctor I have referred him to my family and friends. Keep up the good work Dr. Byers and Thank You and your staff.
Dr Byers is great. Spends a ton of time with me, and knows what's going on without having to constantly needing to look in the computer. The front desk staff on the other hand couldn't be worse. They haven't a clue. They lie about when dr Byers is available and trying to get a message to him for a prescription refill is like pulling teeth. I once called to get a prescription refill on one of those drugs where if u run out your in a lot of trouble. They told me he was gone for the day. We had been waiting on this refill for days. Well my sister happened to have an appointment at that very moment and had our paths not crossed in the waiting room, I would've went all weekend without a very medication. Luckily when he learned we were in the waiting room, he happily saw me and got me my rx. The medical assistants are almost just as dumb. When taking a manual blood pressure I always seem to have text book perfect 120/80. However being on heart meds and having several other Drs I know my Bp is 100/65. That's what the meds do and it never changes. They can't even enter the correct medication and dosage into the computer. But dr Byers is a great dr surrounded by lazy, non caring, and incompetent, idiots.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
31 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
St Margaret Memorial Hospital
Dr. Gerald T Byers III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPremier Medical Associates, 1620 Golden Mile Hwy Ste 100, Monroeville, PA
Dr. Gerald T Byers III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroeville, PA.