Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald P Corcoran MD
Dr. Gerald P Corcoran has 3 locations
87 Chestnut St Ste 2
Needham, MA 02492
154 E Central St
Natick, MA 01760
Dr. Gerald P Corcoran has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gerald P Corcoran has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 1 of 1
Avoid: doctor cares more for his financial well being than your well being
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald P Corcoran - Posted on February 16th, 2019
The doctor cares more for his financial well being than your well being. I never thought I’d write a negative review for a doctor. However my wife and I have had a terrible experience with the doctor and their billing practice. The short of it is, the doctor moved locations and because the new location was much less convenient, we canceled our appointment. We spoke to them twice before the date of the appointment, and both times requested to cancel the appointment. Doctor’s practice did not cancel the appointment and then charged us a no-show fee. We called to ask them to remove this bill as it was inaccurate. We called multiple times and left messages, but no one returned a call. Finally after our frustration was mounting, the doctor himself called. Instead of listening to us, it was clear from the beginning that the doctor had it mind to “tell us off.” He asked if the call was being recorded, and when I told him no - he proceeded to tell us how his staff is never wrong and that it’s our problem. He was curt and condescending in his tone - and he clearly did not really care. When I mentioned that we canceled because their practice had moved locations, he did not seem to care. As long as he got his money, even for billing us wrongly, it did not matter to him. He proceeded to hang up on me as well. He said his piece, he told me, and he no need of wasting his precious billable time on me anymore. It’s unfortunate that our medical system places the doctor’s financial growth at the opposite end of patient well being. If you want a doctor that cares for you and bills you for services actually rendered, this is not your doctor. There are many more in and around Needham and Wellesley that I can recommend.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Gerald P Corcoran Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald P Corcoran, MD - Family Medicine in Needham, MA, in this video.
Dr. Gerald P Corcoran is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Needham, MA.