Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald T Delk has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Gerald T Delk has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Gerald T Delk has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerald T Delk is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I was not only misdiagnosed, but he recommended an MRI, but said they wouldn't do the MRI at the hospital (even though they have one there and my insurance pays 100%). He said in order to get the MRI, I needed to see my regular doctor first. 1 ER copay and 1 regular copy later, I found out Dr. Delk misdiagnosed me. On top of everything else, he laughed at me when I asked questions. Unprofessional.
In an emergency room visit, Dr. Delk did not correctly diagnose our daughter. He did not look at all possible causes for her symptoms. He was unprofessional in the way he dealt with the situation. After obtaining the medical records from the hospital on our daughter, there are many discrepancies. It was disturbing that he did not review lab results which he ordered to see that there were reasons to further examine her for treatment. He had also ordered blood work which was never taken. Instead, he had us transferred by ambulance (not of our choice) to Dell Childrens Hospital (thank goodness) and Dr. Delk and his staff proceeded to call CPS on us. At Dell Childrens Hospital the staff profusely apologized for the way we had been treated at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center and diagnosed our daughter. She was given medication and we were cleared by CPS for false accusation from Dr. Delk and Cedar Park Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Delk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Darnall Army Community Hospital
Dr. Gerald T Delk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gerald T Delk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Midland, TX.