3.6

Have you seen Dr. Gerald Dunham?

Still fuming

I had an appointment with Dr. Dunham on Tuesday for a bump on my eyelid. A dermatologist suggested I see an ophthalmologist to have it a biopsy. Dr. Dunham is local so I gave the office a call and made an appointment. My first issue was the 90 minute wait. I left work early and wasted 90 minutes of my time simply waiting. When I made it to the exam room, the assistant didn’t seem to have a clue why I was there and started the prep for a regular exam. I explained I was just there to have the doctor look at the bump, she left and I waited again. Dr. Dunham eventually came in and, while I’m not saying what he did was wrong, it threw me for a very serious loop. He proceeded to do an in-depth exam and did measure the bump but that was it. After his exam he told me I had acute narrow angle glaucoma, bilateral and needed to schedule a laser procedure immediately. He then proceeded to tell me if I didn’t fix it ASAP, the holes could close, at any time without warning, and I would go blind within 2 hours. Wait…what? I came to have a bump looked at and I’m leaving with a serious risk of going blind? Again, I’m not saying that the exam was wrong and I’m glad he found it but I had a second opinion today and they said, while serious, I did not have glaucoma and would be able to schedule the procedure without scrambling. I’m still furious over the stress and anxiety caused to my entire family. It will pass but I will not return to that office…ever…and will never recommend him to anyone.

Dr Dunham was thorough, kind and answered all of my questions. I have cataracts that will eventually need removal but he advised not to rush this surgery until my vision had declined to a certain level. My husband and I have been going to Dr Dunham for more than 30 years. He has never once pushed and kind of surgery, including Lasix. He waiting room is indeed full but they've arranged it so you are not waiting long for each part of the exam. About 10 min for each exam part before you see the doctor and there's about 2 sections depending why you are there He's a 5 star Doctor

Surgery happy

Every visit he asks me if a want a surgical procedure...Lasik...cataract...Neither are necessary. Eye surgery is popular, but it is always a risk. Seems like he is trying to pay for his new office!

Such a kind,patient, and knowledgeable doctor.

Wow how old are we?

The user that is two ratings below me clearly needs to cut back on the booze,stop watching Maury,and get a JOB. Also, work on cutting back your CAPS usage and work on your GRAMMAR instead of spreading gossip via the Internet. If you somehow possessed an ounce of class, which I'm sure for you is completely unattainable, I'd bring the high school mentality down a notch. But for now, a math equation. YOU + A JOB = A LIFE Dr.Dunham has always been a professional, kind, thorough, and knowledgable doctor to my father and I for many years. We wouldn't go anywhere else.

aloof

very behind and aloof md

Dr. Gerald Dunham is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Flemington, NJ.