Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald W Englund has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 18
I went to him for 8 months and it was horrble. His bedside manner is ridiculous and I spent more time with the nurses then I did him. He would diagnose me with something and then never follow up on it and had no compassion or care in his patients. Most of the time I would wait about 45 minutes in the office before ever going back and then another 10 waiting on him to come in. Also most of the services that he provided were not coded right and therefor cost me all out of pocket, when asked he said that's the way it is. I ws scheduled to have surgery and when he found out that the insurance wasn't going to cover that either he dropped me as a patient. I would not recommend him to anyone!!!
Although yes, sometimes you had to wait, there are so many other things that made up for the wait, Dr. Englund delivered 3 of my children, and I am devastated that he can not deliver my 4th. He was always friendly, made sure you didn't feel awkward while having your exam done, and all of his staff were great! Besides, there are waits with every ob doctor, it's called having a surprise delivery... Thanks for everything you have done for me Dr. Englund, and I really am sad that I moved so you can't deliver this baby :(
From my first appointment with Dr. Englund, I was dissatisfied. The restroom and exam rooms are dirty and unorganized. The staff is unprofessional and sometimes rude. I have had to wait between 30-50 minutes for each appointment, only to spend more time with a nurse than the actual doctor. When I finally do get to see Dr. Englund, I feel rushed and not listened to. When I shared my birth plan with Dr. Englund, I was belittled and scoffed at. I think he has a different sense of humor, but I didn't appreciate his bedside manner. I would not recommend this office to anyone.
poor bedside manner, during my pregnacy he grabbed my belling telling me i looked like one of his pigs, oh yes he is a pig farmer on the side, and he comes in smelling like a hog farm. Then at delivery he was busy at his farm and he let me rip. I changed OBGYN and another doctor said him letting me rip and my episiotomy scarring was uncalled for. I get the feeling he hates women, why would he have become an OBGYN. Should have stayed a pig farmer.
36 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Gerald W Englund accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAccess Family Care Joplin, 530 S Maiden Ln, Joplin, MO
Dr. Gerald W Englund is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Joplin, MO.