Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald M Farby has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gerald M Farby has the following 4 expertise
- Geriatric Functional Assessment
- House Calls
- Geriatric Medicine
Dr. Gerald M Farby is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
My dad is in the hospital and is extreme pain...this doctor will NOT even prescribe anything to lessen the pain and make my dad more comfortable. I can not even believe that my dad chose this doctor as his primary care physician. This man also was incompetent when my mother was alive. He treated her from depression, was so quick to give her antidepressants and did not order an MRI. He totally misdiagnosed her condition and she consequently passed away with Brain Cancer. He is the worst doctor in the Chicagoland area and I pray that my dad inquires elsewhere for medical treatment.
I used to be a patient of Dr. Farby for many years before moving away, prior to him I was the patient of a doctor I was friends with, who moved out of state, so I had high expectations in a new practicioner. Dr. Farby was alway curteos, professional, compassionate, accurate and would do everything he had to do, including making me an inpatient in the hospital when it became necessary, I hope Dr. Farby continues his practice for another couple of years as he is a great doctor, I had some problems with the back then staff, but assuming they changed now, I can only recommend Dr. Farby, a wonderful doctor.
Dr Farby is a fair Dr. but could be a good Dr. if he'd spend more time with his patients and do a better job following up. I always feel rushed through and don't feel my annual check ups are very thorough (perhaps he is just too busy). My last check-up lasted maybe 5 min and was incomplete. He is accessible however and will do for prescriptions, basic check-ups, shots,etc. Some of office staff is good and some is not. Office has a lot and is easy to get to.
Dr. Farby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Gerald M Farby accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPresence Medical Group, 3500 W Peterson Ave Fl 3, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald M Farby in this video.
Dr. Gerald M Farby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.