Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald Fenichel
Dr. Gerald Fenichel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with other offices in Nashville, TN and Nashville, TN (and 1 other location). He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Child Neurology. Dr. Fenichel is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Hospital, University Medical Center and Sumner Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald Fenichel has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Brain Disorder
- Chronic Brain Damage
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Muscule Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Seizure Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I love Dr. fenichel.At first he seemed a little dry humored, but then as I got to know him I began to see through all of that. I trust anything he says or wants to do with my daughter. I have recommended him to other friends who have children with seizures. I am searching for one of his books right now.
Dr. Fenichel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Vanderbilt University Hospital
University Medical Center
Sumner Regional Medical Center
Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, Ft. Campbell, KY
Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital
Blanchfield Army Hospital
Sumner Regional Med Ctr
54 Years Experience
Graduated in 1959
Dr. Gerald Fenichel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald Fenichel in this video.
Dr. Gerald Fenichel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.