Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald A Finerman has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Transplantation
- Bone Cancer
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Ununited Fractures
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Instability
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Finerman is one of the most intelligent, kind, patient, intuitive and expert, experienced physicians I and my husband have ever met. He successfully replaced my husband's two knees and two hips (4 separate surgeries. Finerman successfully treated 5th metatarsal Jones fracture in me, without surgery. He is amazing and I owe so much to him. Alas he is now retired but he had tons of football and basketball players who owe him their career as he was also the team doctor for a top tier university. Amazing Dr Finerman, may there be more orthopedic surgeons like him in the future.
This is written a year post-op for a total knee replacement. The knee sounds like gravel, feels like a lead weight and is worse than before surgery.During surgery, there were problems but until I pinned the Dr. down during the first post-op checkup (almost 2 months later!!!), he denied there were any. The charts of vital signs taken during surgery showing on the computer screen behind him made him 'recall' the events. During the last year, there were problems with the knee but all he said was what he has said ever since my 1st appointment... 'Well, the x-rays look good; everyone heals at a different pace. Be patient.' The knee has become worse over time despite therapy and is now stiff, makes a lot of grinding and thumping noises, swells with exercise and collapses on occasion while walking. His resume' is excellent, his bedside manner is nice but, sadly, I can't go back to him for the other knee.
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Gerald A Finerman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald A Finerman in this video.
Dr. Gerald A Finerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.