Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Gerald Green
Gerald Green, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Gerald Green is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center, Northeast Baptist Hospital and Christus Santa Rosa Health System. He speaks English.
Gerald Green has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Dr Green discovered an inlet patch in my esophagus that has caused me to suffer many years needlessly. With his diagnosis and treatment, I have been pain free for years now. He is very approachable, detailed in layman's verbiage with medical diagnoses, management of disease, an gives the real impression of caring about you personally. A dying talent in the medical profession today.
After reading another review I decided to write my own since I couldn't disagree more with the woman who advised other women not to see Dr Green. He is very professional, VERY knowledgeable has a great sense of humor, is very caring, and treated me with the utmost respect....at all times, even when my husband was present. I appreciated that he also spoke directly to my husband (In my presence) after my procedure about how EXACTLY to take care of me for the next 24-48 hours! In addition his attention to the smallest of details and astute memory of my issues is quite unbelievable considering the volume of patients he sees. I would definitely recommend all other women to him if you want a really great doctor. After all, in a doctor, having a really thorough and knowledgeable one is the most important thing...right?
Caring doctor, needs a bit more tact in speaking to patient.,
Green is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baptist Medical Center
Northeast Baptist Hospital
Christus Santa Rosa Health System
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Center
Baptist Health Center System
Methodist Health System
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Nix Health Care System
Central Meth Ambulatory Surgery Hospital
Texas Heart Hospital
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hosp Nw
Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
North Central Baptist Hospital
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Northeast Methodist Hospital
49 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Gerald Green accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Associates, 540 Madison Oak Dr, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Gerald Green in this video.
Gerald Green is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.