Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald P Keane has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Gerald P Keane has the following 3 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Gerald P Keane has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerald P Keane is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
After having neck and back pain for 20 years, it is time to see a doctor. My experience was not good. Dr. Keane didn't prescribe a complete MRI scan to cover all my problem areas. Therefore, a lot of time and money have gone wasted. Here's the full story:I found Dr. Keane on Yelp. After explaining to the phone receptionist what I need to see Dr. Keane for, she said I need to make TWO separate appts. One for my neck and one for my lower back. This way insurance will pay Dr. Keane "correctly". Okay... so that means I have to pay $30 co-pay twice for initial exams? Hmm..So after the initial exams, I went TWO separate MRIs @ CA Advanced Imaging. One scan for my neck, the other one for my mid to lower back. I think for the same reason so the insurance company can pay this place "correctly" as well.I went back to Dr. Keane to get the results. The visit took 3 min. I was surprised to see there's not much problem with my neck. So another $30 co-pays for 5 min.Couple weeks later, I went to see my long-time chiropractor & ask him to explain the scan again. Not until then, I realized the scan didn't go far down enough to where the problem was. So the bill shows up... The total bill from Dr. Keane is @ $2927. This amount is separate from what CA Advanced Imaging charges me for the MRI scan. Although my insurance covers 90% of it, $2927 is still outrageous! No wonder our insurance system is going to a ditch.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
36 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1982
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Gerald P Keane accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSoar Medical Group, 500 Arguello St Ste 100, Redwood City, CA
Dr. Gerald P Keane is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.