Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald Looney
Dr. Gerald Looney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Mirada, CA, with other offices in Commerce, CA and Glendale, CA (and 1 other location). He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Occupational Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Looney is affiliated with Downey Regional Medical Center, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald Looney has the following 2 specialties
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Looney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Downey Regional Medical Center
Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Los Alamitos Medical Center
Verdugo Hills Hospital
Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
ST Mary Medical Center
50 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University
Graduated in 1963
Dr. Gerald Looney accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gerald Looney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mirada, CA.