Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr
Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pensacola, FL. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Mastaw is affiliated with Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Mastaw has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr Mastaw & Julie both sit down with me and actually listen. I know pain management can be a field full of legalities, but with them, I am not made to feel like a criminal. He does everything he can to help relieve a patient's pain. My input has also been taken into consideration. Everyone in his office is kind and considerate. Phone calls are returned the same day. He has even worked with when I feel I have emergencies. I'm very happy to have him as my physician.
This physician is arrogant, condescending, and treats patients with pain issues more like drug addicts and parolees than patients in need of help. He spends very little time during visits and seems more concerned about DEA rules than patient care. The office takes as long as three days to return phone calls and the staff is uncaring and unprofessional.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mastaw is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Florida Hospital, 8383 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL
Dr. Gerald A Mastaw Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pensacola, FL.