Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald B Miele has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Miele usually has a long wait. I usually schedule my appointment for first thing in the morning and still have to wait. However, he is certainly worth the wait. He actually sits down and takes his time to talk to you and doesn't just rush in and rush out. He's always thorough and answers all of my questions. Yes, I do have to wait, but it's worth it to know he's not going to rush me out the door like most other doctors.
35 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1983
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. Gerald B Miele accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Specialists Of Florence, 501 S Coit St, Florence, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald B Miele in this video.
Dr. Gerald B Miele is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, SC.