Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald V Naccarelli has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Atrial Flutter
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Catheterization
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Myocardial Diseases
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 7
i was seen in er at hershey in very bad condition, because of my age , another hospital didnt take my complaints seriouslydr naccarelli saved my life, he did a cardiac cath and angioplastyi was 33 and took a massive heart attack3 blocked arteries ,i wouldnt be alive today if it wasnt for him i am now 50 and doing great !
He did not really remember the case. He assumed that we would blindly take his word and not question him. He kept looking at his watch (and it was only a 15min appt) He seemed to only be plesant if we were willing to listen to how he helped pioneer this new drug or that one and we should try it. It is a sad fact that the first time we saw him he said the chest pain was heartburn even after ekg and stress test showed Flutter/fibrillation. The letter to family doc said bp control and possible abilation were recommendations after tha day before making husband feel as if he were a hypochondriac. My husband developed a heart arrythmia that causes him to have pain and dizzness as well as weakness with very little exertion. Dr N. Advice was just go ahead and do whatever No restrictions. When I voiced my concern that I didn't want my spouse to drop over dead mowing grass or playing wii, he brushed it aside and said the high BP was only issue. When I asked if the fibrillation would go away if the bp was treated he said "No they are not related". So I repeated my question How do we know he won't drop over during activity? He said because we will get the bp under control. I replied so then the bp control will fix the fibrillation? HE said No, now your talking in circles.Sad fact, I had worked for Dept of Anesthesia 11yrs so, I personally have seen Dr. N change from a caring doctor who spent time and knew his patients... to an ego driven department head who really can't remember patients or even take the time to listen although to his credit his letters to pcp definately are "CYA" I am seriously considering video taping the next follow-up at least then the pcp can see his bedside manner.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
42 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Gerald V Naccarelli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPenn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald V Naccarelli in this video.
Dr. Gerald V Naccarelli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hershey, PA.