Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James G Quirk Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. James G Quirk Jr has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. James G Quirk Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Quirk cared for me when I was admitted to UAMS in 1989 for severe preeclampsia in my 26th week of pregnancy. He was very attentive and caring and although my pregnancy did not have a positive outcome, I am confident that he did all he could to insure that all that could be done, in fact, was done. Three years later during my 2nd pregnancy, he performed my amniocentesis himself. I was later told by my regular OB-GYN that he must have chosen to do it because he was the department head and normally did not do those procedures himself. It was a very stressful time for me and my husband and we were very relieved to see a familiar face. I highly recommend Dr. Quirk to anyone, especially anyone who is high risk.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
44 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsStonybrook University Hospital, 101 Nicolls Rd, Stony Brook, NY
Dr. James G Quirk Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.