Dr. Gerald Silverboard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gerald Silverboard?

I wish I had researched this doctor before I took my daughter to him. No wonder he was so easy to get an appointment with! Uncaring, horrible communication, disinterested, dispassionate, unconcerned. NO ONE ever returns your messages. Makes you wonder why he left the group of neurologists that he was with and opened his own practice by himself. I'm sure there is a good reason or story behind that!!!!!! FRUSTRTED MOTHER:(

Posted on April 7th, 2017

I am giving Dr. Silverboard until next week to correct this oversight or either total uncaring of my daughter. If this is not addressed, I will have PLENTY to report and warn other parents about in any method of communication that I can. I do not want another child and/or parents to experience what I have experienced. Just a bit of info...I have attempted to contact even only a nurse( not asking to speak personally to the doctor!) for this entire week----impossible to receive a call back.

Posted on December 29th, 2015

My son has seen and continues to see Dr. Silverboard (13 years.) My son has cp,epilepsy,acid reflux,spasticity,and a feeding tube. Uses a wheelchair for mobility.I know my son is still with me because of his amazing team of doctors. Dr. Silverboard is outstanding to my son's individual medical care needs.

Posted on June 1st, 2015

excellant experience, great staff, the doctor is very caring and and takes his time to answer all your questions

so disappointed

Posted on January 31st, 2014

I was so excited to find a dr that would see my daughter so quickly. But very disappointed that he has no compassion. My daughter was lying on the dr bed when he walked in. She was in a migraine epiosode. He actually looked at her and said "sit up and be a big girl!"First words he said to his new patient was that. Then he ordered 2 tests and said talk to us later. He asked several questions then anytime I tried to give important details he brushed me off. I know people have bad days so maybe this was a bad day. Ill try him for her follow up after MRI then will switch. I need someone who allows the patient and parent be apart of the care done. I felt like I was taking him away from something. I was the only patient in the office so who knows whats going on with this practice.

Good help on the phone

Posted on May 7th, 2013

WORST NEUROLOGIST

Posted on May 2nd, 2013

My daughter has been suffering with seizures for some time. I called a few Neurologists in the city to schedule an appointment every office I called was booked up till August. I called Atlanta Family & Child Neurology and was told they have availability. I should of STOP and say to myself WHY? My daughter was scheduled the next day and before being seen I paid $353.63 up front and was only in the office as a new patient for 15mins. Dr. Silverboard came in look over the papers I gave him then told me he needs to schedule her for an EEG an MRI. He had NO BED SIDE MANNER and showed NO compassion for my child. “HE WAS THE WORST”. However on the other hand his staff was very kind but because of the care we received I will not recommend anyone to his practice. Got to the front checkout and there stood a lady that was questioning her billing employee about MONEY. How embarrassing and unprofessional is that! Come to find out she was the Doctors wife “Nancy”. I called and told my pediatrician about the visit and he reply was “I got that a lot from several patients”.

Amazing Doctor

Posted on July 5th, 2011

Dr. Silverboard was an amazing caregiver. He showed an enormous amount of respect for my family and made sure we were all well informed.

Disappointed

Posted on September 28th, 2010

Truth be told, I would not recommend this provider (Neurologist) to friends, family or colleagues. It's really scary that a neurologist would prescribe anti-seizure medication without definitely waiting for the preliminary EEG and MRI results to r/o seizures. In the meantime, no bother to contact the parents to discontinue administering the anti-seizure med to their prescious child. Fortunately, we never admininstered the medication because of a parental gut feeling. Shame on you and guys! Be careful. How can you sleep at night knowing this? I too am a Healthcare Provider. This experience has taught me to listen to my patients. Remember the Oath we took.

Great Doctor - Wonderful Person

Posted on January 27th, 2010

Terrific experience with Dr. Silverboard. Can't say enough good things. Accurate diagnosis - put my family at ease.

The Best

Posted on August 20th, 2009

Must be the best neurologist in Atlanta.

No thanks

Posted on August 19th, 2009

After leaving numerous messages, email, and even faxing a request for someone to contact us for an appointment we finally gave up and went elsewhere. If his staff can't handle routine appointments what will happen if there is an urgent need to see him?

not so sure of him

Posted on March 22nd, 2009

after all this time of seeing him.... I am not so sure of what to make of him. I don't like how he is to quick and he doesn't give enough information when speaking. I hate to ask him more b/c he acts like I am bothering him. He has a cell phone and he will give you the number but you beter have a good reason to call for him b/c he will bite your heand off if you don't. He is not warm and fuzzy and we are seeking a 2nd opionion. He maybe great but his bedside manner and lack of personality makes me feel as though my childs care could be better.