Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerald J Sparks has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gerald J Sparks has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Gerald J Sparks has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerald J Sparks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Sparks is very knowledgeable, thorough and courteous. He listens, attentively, to all my health concerns. I feel very comfortable asking questions or discussing any and all health problems with him. He never makes me feel like my questions are silly or unimportant. He is my family's primary care physician and they are all very satisfied with him. He has been a God-send. I trust him implicitly. He really cares about his patients.
During my initial new patient visit, Dr. Sparks noticed something on my bloodwork which had been done recently at a nearby hospital. He explained what his concern was, and ordered some additional tests. When these tests confirmed his original suspicion, he explained the surgical options and referred me to a surgeon who eventually corrected the problem.Because he was so thorough, he picked up something that the hospital had missed originally. He took to the time to explain my surgical options, and why that surgery was necessary.I would recommend him without hesitation.
Dr. Sparks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
United States Army Medical Center - Eisenhower
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNorth Oaks Health System, 15770 Paul Vega MD Dr Ste 104, Hammond, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald J Sparks in this video.
Dr. Gerald J Sparks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hammond, LA.