Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerald S Welker MD
Dr. Gerald S Welker has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Gerald S Welker has the following 3 expertise
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald S Welker - Posted on February 4th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald S Welker - Posted on April 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald S Welker - Posted on November 21st, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald S Welker - Posted on November 6th, 2013
I am a doctor who works with Dr. Welker. He has taken our hospital by storm in a whirlwind of good, solving surgical problems at lightning speed and hitting the nail on the head every time, saving life after life, making colleagues, nurses, and patients alike happy, satisfied, and better off. This is one of the finest surgeons I've ever had the privilege to work with, and I recomend him with the highest regard. This review should count 20x, because I'm sure only a select few of the dozens of patients he helped will write any reviews. Superb doctor, superb person.
Awesome wonderful caring doc
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gerald S Welker - Posted on November 5th, 2013
This is one fastastic doctor. He was johnny on the spot coming to the ER when I had appendicitis, and figured me out without a cat scan which saved me about $5 grand. he finished my operation super fast, even gave me pictures of my sick appendix! he really went the extra mile when he persuaded the nurses who wanted to keep me overnight that I was OK to go home. then he called the next day to make sure I was OK! fan-freakin-tastic. Other docs should take note, this is an awesome surgeon and a really caring guy.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Gerald S Welker Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsGERALD SCOTT WELKER MD, 15322 Lakeshore Dr, Clearlake, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerald S Welker, MD - Surgery in Clearlake, CA, in this video.
Dr. Gerald S Welker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Clearlake, CA.