Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Geralda A Xavier has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 4 of 4
Today I received notice from my doctor that potassium was dangerously low, after a blood test I had yesterday, and I needed to immediately go to the emergency room for IV potassium. After going to the ER I waited nearly an hour before being scene by the doctor. Dr. Xavier then came to see for about a minute which she spent most of the time yelling at me about how she needs to to do her job as an ER doctor. She did not care to listen to me or answer any of questions, she made me feel like I was a inconvenience to her. My doctor's office had sent information over as to what they wanted done concerning the potassium issue, however the doctor and nurses at the ER made me feel like it was my fault my potassium was low and I made it that way. They paid no attention to my back history and even had the information mix up as to how much potassium I had already been taking through a prescription supplement- which I had to correct at several different times. I was given minimal and unclear discharge instructions, again, with the uncaring tone from both the doctor and nurse. The best thing that happened to me today was leaving the Williamsport Hospital Emergency Room. I would certainly not recommend that anyone go to the Susquehanna Health System Emergency Room based on patient care- which I believe to be the most important aspect of health care.
Dr. Geralda A Xavier accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKings County Hospital Center, 451 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Geralda A Xavier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.