Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Geraldine A Somera has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
Her and her office staff deserve zero stars. Impossible to get a hold of. Extremely rude. Refused to fill out fmla paperwork for me even with the hospice supervisor requesting it on my behalf. She is my mother's Dr who is 4 hours away from me and at the end of her life. Talk about making a stressful situation even worse. Worst experience ever.
Dr. Made me very upset. Announced personal information to the front desk window. Didn't answer my questions with out being very rude and disrespectful. Waited 30 minutes to be seen she only spent at the most 5 minutes with me. Never been addicted to anything in my entire life. She treated me as if I were a drug seeker at one visit. Their is something wrong when a patient leaves the dr office in tears.
I've seen hundreds of physicians over the years and usually if a doctor is bad I find out after a few visits. This doctor... while I admit she does look like a nice person at first glance... I was quite taken aback and wondering if I had said something to offend her. I had not looked at these reviews before I went but now I understand its not just me. Im not a difficult or rude patient or person. "you WILL do these tests TODAY!" wow really? and I was trying to explain to her that I'd just had some of the tests 2 months before. She treated me very badly including threatening me that "you will do this or our relationship will not continue" oh my goodness lol! I refuse to be treated like this again. btw I'm afraid to even ask what happened with this other reviewer who speaks of family wishes. Im very sorry for whatever she did but you really need to report it because she will only get worse. Oh and get staff is very nice...looking back I should have heard the warning in the nurses words and voices.
She belittled me for changing an appointment (over 48 hour notice)-though her office called many times to change appointments.She seamed rushed every-time I was in (about 8 times over 3 years). The ONLY thing it seamed she was concerned about was having my cholesterol checked (which was never high enough to be really concerned about). She did not seam to understand why I was there. *I have all the same issues I had when I started seeing her. She did Nothing to help me. She belittled me more than once - I finally just told her I did not need to be scolded nor did I need a boss, I was the one paying her to help me not to scold me, and walked out.What a waste of money and time. Bummer life is so short and we have to deal with doctors like this.
Dr. Somera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Geraldine A Somera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Geraldine A Somera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coos Bay, OR.