Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Geralynn G Morrison
Dr. Geralynn G Morrison, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hattiesburg, MS. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospitalist and Internal Medicine. Dr. Morrison is affiliated with Slidell Memorial Hospital. Dr. Morrison has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Geralynn G Morrison has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Geralynn G Morrison has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Skin Diseases
- Joint Diseases
- Lung Diseases
Dr. Geralynn G Morrison is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I have seen Dr. Morrison for many years now. She is a wonderful doctor and definitely worth the wait. I've noticed that the people that seem to complain the most are the ones that feel they should come discuss their personal problems with her, I can only assume as they've already shared with everyone in the waiting room. I try to be patient as on occasion I've even seen an ambulance show up reminding me that I never know what exactly is going on behind those closed doors.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Morrison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Geralynn G Morrison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsHattiesburg Clinic, 415 S 28th Ave, Hattiesburg, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Geralynn G Morrison in this video.
Dr. Geralynn G Morrison is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hattiesburg, MS.