Dr. Gerard Coste Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Gerard Coste?

Posted on September 12th, 2013

Dr. Coste has wonderful bedside manners and is a caring, smart primary care physician. I would recommend him to anyone who would like the best of care for major or minor health problems.

I would recommend this internist.

Posted on September 5th, 2011

The experience exceeded my expectations. He diagnosed the problem quickly and I have started treatment. I am off to a full recovery. Excellent bedside manners and great communicator. I would highly recommend this doctor.

Naive, poor bedside manner.

Posted on July 9th, 2011

I had a terrible back injury and needed to be seen. I could barely walk. He barely looked at me, told me that I was "just stressed out" and that it was all "in my head." He said that I was pretending to have back pain in order to get pain killers because according to him, "Everyone likes pain killers because they feel good..." About a year and a half before, I had seen a doctor for a back injury, and they checked me all over, checked my mobility, reflexes in the knees and feet. Dr. Coste did none of that. The med tech had left my chart up on the computer screen, and he barely glanced at it. Then, he told me he really didn't need to examine me, but that I was probably "stressed" and my pain was probably "all in my head." He then started to prescribe me a drug that I am violently allergic to, and I pointed out that if he had looked at my chart, he would have seen that. He retorted I was simply there to get pain killers in order to "feel good" because according to him, "Everyone likes pain killers because it feels good to take them..."I was appalled. I mentioned, "If I was so into pain killers, wouldn't you all have heard from me more recently than a year and half ago?" He rushed me out, and I complained at the front desk. They didn't say anything, just looked nervous.I am a woman, and his behavior felt blatantly sexist, as well. This was the worst doctor I've ever seen. He should not be practicing, due to his blatant refusal to read a patient's chart, to fail to examine them when they say they are in pain, and then to accuse them of trying to "score" some pain killers.

Posted on April 1st, 2011

I was instructed to call for results of bloodwork, however, when i called i was told "it is not our policy to give this info over the phone.{2. Here is how i got phone calls regarding visits. I actually taped one to present to the administration of Cambridge Hospital....Ring ring I answer"2 pm appointment tomorrow with Dr. Coste."WHat who is this"2 pm appointment Friday with Dr. Coste."No greeting or asking who I am or even Hello. EVERY phone call I got was like this.. and when I pointed this outthe calls remained the same.After receiving more courteous service and less Smarmy doctors in Los Angeles and San diego for 18 years, I am not prepared to begin to be treated like this, even while I am in Massachusetts.

Type 2 Diabetes