Is Dr. Gerard Farris the right Doctor for you?
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerard Farris MD
Dr. Gerard Farris, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Concord, NC, with other offices in Morganton, NC and Concord, NC (and 1 other location). He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine, General Practice and Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerard Farris has 4 locations
2201 S Sterling St
Morganton, NC 28655
1028 Lee Ann Dr NE Ste 200
Concord, NC 28025
Dr. Gerard Farris has the following 3 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gerard Farris has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
26 Years Experience
- Louisiana State Univ.
Dr. Gerard Farris Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
More about Dr. Gerard Farris
Dr. Farris is a graduate of the LSU School of Medicine and completed his Residency in Emergency Medicine at LSU. He is a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician and a Fellow of American College of ...
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerard Farris, MD - Family Medicine in Concord, NC, in this video.
Dr. Gerard Farris is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Concord, NC.