Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerard Holmes
Dr. Gerard Holmes, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL, with other offices in Albuquerque, NM and Clovis, NM (and 1 other location). He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Holmes is affiliated with Lovelace Medical Center - Downtown, CHRISTUS St Vincent Regional Medical Center and UNM Hospital (Univ of NM). He speaks English.
Dr. Gerard Holmes has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Holmes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Presbyterian Kaseman Hospital
Lovelace Med Ctr Downtown
Carlsbad Medical Center
Lincoln County Medical Center
Plains Regional Medical Center Clovis
Dr Dan C Trigg Memorial Hospital
Rehoboth McKinley Hospital
Mountain View Regional Medical Center
Pediatrix Cardiology of New Mexico
Roswell Regional Hospital
Lovelace Med Center Downtown Lovelace Hospital Downt
Heart Hospital of New Mexico
Lovelace Medical Center
Lovelace Womens Hospital
West Mesa Medical Center
34 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Medical Center
Dr. Gerard Holmes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gerard Holmes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.