Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerard E Mullin has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gerard E Mullin has the following 19 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Weight Loss
- Crohn's Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Holistic Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Nutritional Support
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Stomach Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Gerard E Mullin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerard E Mullin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Saw Dr. Mullin for multiple positive SIBO results, then dismissed w/o explanation after 1 negative result. He and staff refused to answer any of my calls/emails. Refused to retest for SIBO even though Dr. Mullin advises that SIBO often recurs and I had ongoing symptoms. Dr. Mullin decided anxiety was the source of my symptoms b/c he couldn't figure it out, and convinced my PCP that further pursuit of a diagnosis would be detrimental. After my own research, I was diagnosed with MALS requiring a major vascular surgery. Mullin still refusing care after surgery (and another positive SIBO test interpreted by Dr. Mullin) Continues to use anxiety as an excuse despite confirmed diagnoses of SIBO and MALS. Will not acknowledge these diagnoses. Refuses to answer calls, messages or see me for follow up even though he is the specialist in this area. Convinced PCP to not order another SIBO test despite my recent positive result. Extremely unprofessional and inexplicable behavior.
I read Dr. Mullin's first book and waited 8 months for my first appointment with him. His intern met with me and completed an intake form. She then left to brief Dr. Mullin. They both returned and Dr. Mullin spoke with me for quite definitely no more than 10 minutes. His recommendation was that I take magnesium. He then stood up, walked to the door, turned to me as he turned the doorknob to leave saying, "Oh, and re-read Chapter Five". Then he walked out.Â
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
33 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey
Graduated in 1985
Mount Sinai Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJohns Hopkins Hospital, 1800 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Gerard E Mullin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.