Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gerard Schmit
Dr. Gerard Schmit, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Walnut Creek, CA, with other offices in Walnut Creek, CA and Fremont, CA (and 2 other locations). He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Schmit is affiliated with John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek Campus and Doctors Med Center San Pablo Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerard Schmit has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Schmidt is odd. One visit he is cold, cuts me off mid sentence, irritable and distracted. Next visit outgoing and joking(dry humor) and after previous visit wasn't sure he was joking. Acted like we were buddies for years. Unpredictable behavior. He dusk wrote prescriptions incorrectly which required delays due to pharmacy having to contact and clarify. The serious issue us it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach a staff member live and out of the question to actually get the doctor to respond to a phone call from pharmacist or patient. Total patient mill. Wrote scripts bill insurance and move the people through. No interest in collaboration and very disappointing. Saw him for almost a year, trying to stick with it because it is such a hassle to change doctors. The final straw was his continuing to incorrectly document my file and writing prescriptions incorrectly so often that my insurance company started asking why there were so many prescriptions for strange amounts rather than consistent 30 day scripts. When he was in his nice mode he was pleasant and easy going but something is just off with this man.
Dr. Schmit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek Campus
Doctors Med Center San Pablo Campus
52 Years Experience
University of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1961
Dr. Gerard Schmit accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gerard Schmit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.