Dr. Gerardo Lanes Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Gerardo Lanes?

Terrible overall experience

Posted on November 5th, 2017

Here is my take about my experience with Dr. Lanes and his staff. From medical perspective I can't complain with Dr. Lanes, he made me some suggestions that helps relief my condition at least temporarily. From the entire experience with his clinic and staff, I have to said that this is the classic example of fifteen minutes medicine. I arrive to Dr. Lanes on time, there was few people at his office. Nowadays, I have to wait two hours to be seen by Dr. Lanes after a tour to different offices inside his facility. He expend with me fifteen minutes, twelve of those minutes immerse on his computer. After a very poor interview he suggest an endoscopy and a colonoscopy, he didn't ask and even check my history of previous conditions. He suggest changes in my diet, stop sugars and fats... he doesn't know that I'm paleo-vegan for more than 3 years (never ask). He was in a rush, because their staff said he was delayed with his practice. It was hard to schedule my procedures with his staff, the lady who manage his agenda was absolutely rude. I schedule those procedures to be executed two weeks after consultation. I was notified that my insurance doesn't pays for the endoscopy, so I have to pay for it ($500,oo)... It happens that I don't have that amount of money for that date, reason why I need to re-schedule. So, five days prior my consultation, I start calling his office to change my schedule ,for three days in a row, I called several times during the day, nobody answers the phone... Finally, a day before the procedure, I was able to talk with his staff. They said, I have to pay $100,oo for late cancellation, which sound like a joke, I have to pay for their poor customer service. Off course I refuse! the lady says she is going to call me back. Five minutes later, I received a call from another member of his staff, asking for my credit card numbers. This time the lady says, she's responsible of collecting Dr. Lanes payments. I told her, that I only will give her my credit card, when I get the dates of my new procedures' appointment. She hang up the call very upset, saying somebody will call me back for a new schedule... Nobody calls!! Dr Lanes operation, is the classic fifteen minutes BUSINESS medicine. They are focus on make MONEY, not on people HEALTH. His staff sees people as patients (the one who has to suffer), not as CUSTOMERS! they are convinced that they are doing us a favor, haven't any idea about what SERVICE means! NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!

Terrible Service

Posted on August 30th, 2016

Off all the things said about this practice I have to agree 100% with how the front desk is handled. I waited very patiently on the line for more than 30 minutes and then i get an attitude from the girl because i mentioned it to her. On top of that the doctor does not follow up with the results, she puts the same girl on the front desk (which i bet is not a doctor) to explain them to you. She not only did not address the problem i had but just read a piece of paper and send me on my way without telling me if my problem can be fixed or any type of treatment.

5 star doctor

Posted on November 16th, 2015

I met Dr Lanes in the hospital when he was called in on my moms case I have to say I have never met a more compassionate doctor like he is. His bedside manor was understanding warm and caring,not something u see much of these days He helped my mother and is going to be her doc from here on in.She just loves him and thinks very highly of him and that's important that she comfortable. DR LANES should be nothing but a 5 star rating and I will recommend him to my friends and will also be seeing him myself.

Bad staff

Posted on June 26th, 2013

I dont recommend this doctor at all. I have same issue that John from previous review has. Completely agree with him. Secretary is bad never called me back for results. 1 star out 10

Dr Lanes And Assitant

Posted on May 9th, 2013

I dont recommend this doctor at all. Staff very bad ( secretary never answer always goes to voicemail ) very rude talking to you. Doctor dont spend the time that you really need to answer all questions you may have. After visit and medical tests they never follow up, no calls to give me results, knowing that my situation was very urgent. After sergury never received a call from secretary. I went to hospital to get my medical results because they never did. Please find another doctor.

Excellent doctor

Posted on March 6th, 2011

Dr. Lanes, you treated me in 1983 - 1985. You took very good care of me in diagnosing what my problem was. I will always be grateful for you medical attention I received at that time.

Very Patient

Posted on February 23rd, 2011

I've been seeing Dr Lanes for a while, he is very attentive, patient and takes the time to understand your problem. The office staff is very friendly. Only downside is the waiting room time, you have to pack some patience, because it's not one of those offices where you and in and out, the wait time is pretty extensive.

My highest recommendation for Dr. Lanes

Posted on October 13th, 2010

My first meeting with Dr. Lanes was during and acute attack of pancreatitis and I was in his office in my pajamas in the worst pain of my life. He sent me to the ER and the ER doctor pretty much had me buried with pancreatic cancer, Dr. Lanes ordered the appropriate tests and I was diagnosed with pancreatitis. He is so caring and with a wonderful personality and a sense of humor too. I have had both diagnostic and routine colonoscopies with Dr. Lanes and he is so wonderful that when he tells me I can come back in 5 years, I say "NO...I will see you in no more than 3 years." He is my favorite doctor EVER and I highly recommend him to all my friends who need to see as GI specialist.

Excellent Doctor!!

Posted on October 25th, 2008

Very kind and has a great bedside manner! He took his time with me and make a perfect diagnosis! Would highly recommend!

Posted on May 24th, 2017