Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerardo N Lopez has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Gerardo N Lopez has the following 9 expertise
- Learning Disorders
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Male Circumcision
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Gerardo N Lopez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerardo N Lopez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Been going to Dr. Lopez for years. From the beginning, he would answer questions, but over the past years, started to change, started having the attitude that he is the physician and believe your questions as a parent were ridiculous. The last visit, in front of our children, said to us, "why do you get stressed all the time" when all we did was bring in concerns about our children and ask questions. We answered, "we are the advocates for our children and that is our job." He also said to my young child, "I am only doing this tortuous swab for the flu because of your parent." Just weeks ago he didn't believe our child had the flu but in fact, he was shocked to find he did test positive. Pediatricians, especially at his age, need to know how to manage the entire family, reassure, education, show compassion. All we do is ask questions. Apparently, Dr. Lopez can't be questions as he is the doctor and the doctor is always right.
Dr. Lopez has been treating my children since birth. We have always loved the way he cares about us. My kids think he can cure anything. If anyone is ever sick they say Dr. Lopez will make them feel better. He is genuine, down to earth and a really nice person. I am fully confident in his expertise and love toward my family. He has always found time for us in an emergency and never makes us feel rushed while in the room. When he is with your child, it is as if he had no other appointments waiting for him. I would recommend him to anyone. I wish that he could also be my Doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Gerardo N Lopez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Partners, 4764 E State Road 64, Bradenton, FL
Dr. Gerardo N Lopez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bradenton, FL.