Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gerardo A Orfanos has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Gerardo A Orfanos has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Gerardo A Orfanos is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
My experience with Doctor Orfanos has been atrocious to say the least. On every visit to his clinic; I felt rushed and mistreated by him and his personnel. On two of those visits; while I was in the waiting room, I could hear him complained to his staff about having too many patients and being very tired to finish out the day. And this was just before he went inside the waiting room to examine my daughter. Every time I would visit his clinic, the average wait time would be 40 minutes and less than 2 minutes to diagnose without the ease of asking questions. The last time that I was in his clinic; my daughter was very sick and he showed no empathy while checking her. First of all, it was one of those days when he was very upset for having too many patients. While he was checking my daughter, he was rough, disrespectful and unethical. Furthermore; when I tried to ask questions, he made me feel insignificant and ignorant. In my opinion, Dr. Orfanos is not fit to be a pediatrician because he does not have any patience or empathy for sick children/babies and their worried parents.
took me 45 minutes in the waiting area to see Dr. Orfanos and it took him less than 1 minutes to see my son from the time he walked in the room and walked out. He did not show any care as a Dr.
34 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1984
Driscoll Childrens Hospital
Dr. Gerardo A Orfanos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsG Athanasi Orfanos Pediatrics, 2703 W Trenton Rd, Edinburg, TX
Dr. Gerardo A Orfanos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edinburg, TX.