Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Gerd Cropp
Dr. Gerd Cropp, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Pediatric Pulmonology. Dr. Cropp is affiliated with UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus and UCSF Mt Zion. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerd Cropp has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Pediatric Pulmonology
A pediatric pulmonologist is the go-to resource for children who need treatment for any kind of breathing issue or lung disease. If your child coughs up blood, has a cough that isn’t going away, or displays other symptoms such as trouble breathing, chest pain or wheezing, you can ask your doctor to refer you to a pediatric pulmonologist.
Common conditions and diseases they treat range from noisy breathing, asthma and chronic coughs to lung disease, apnea and cystic fibrosis. They can also diagnose and treat cases of pneumonia in children and prescribe any kind of respiratory medication or equipment your child might need.
Dr. Gerd Cropp has the following 4 expertise
- Craniofacial Abnormalities
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Funnel Chest (Pectus Excavatum)
Dr. Gerd Cropp has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 5
Dr. Cropp is very direct Dr. which for us he provided the importance of information and severity of the illness my children were diagnosis. What I will always remember, my son was in the hospital in S.F. during Easter. Dr. Cropp came to the hospital and visited my son and brought my son a large Easter Egg. He may not remember since this was over 20yrs. Dr. Cropp was always concern for my children's health and that I will always remember as well. He was a great Dr. to my children when we lived in California.
Dr. Cropp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
UCSF Mt Zion
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
55 Years Experience
Schulich School Of Medicine At The University Of Western Ontario
Graduated in 1958
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions400 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Gerd Cropp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.