Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Germaine Earle-Cruickshanks
Dr. Germaine Earle-Cruickshanks, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Cambridge, MA, with another office in Leominster, MA. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecology and Obstetrics. Dr. Earle-Cruickshanks is affiliated with Mount Auburn Hospital, HealthAlliance-Leominster Campus and Health Alliance Hospitals Inc. She speaks English.
Dr. Germaine Earle-Cruickshanks has the following 4 specialties
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Showing 5 of 26
I just happened to be searching the web for Germaine's phone number for my annual checkup, and saw these reviews and was surprised anyone could be disappointed! I had Germaine for the entire pregnancy of both my daughter and my son (she delivered my daughter but was not on call when my son was born), and I couldn't imagine having had it any other way. She is a wonderful person, very attentive without producing extra stress in what is already a hormone and anxiety laden process. In those final moments of a 27 hour labor, I wanted no one more by my side. I look forward to my annual visits w her. Also love Carol the nurse practitioner and Wendy the nurse in the office. They're fabulous!
Her office staff "bad-mouthed" her -- I did not put a lot of weight on that. Then - in another context - she told me she had no control over her secretaries. When I asked for my records to be sent to me, the office sent me some one else's records. Next, when I got the records this do wrote, she wrote really stupid things. She doesn't seem to be very intelligent. I will not go back.
I saw this doctor once and would not go back. She misread an ultrasound report, and actually thought I had a 6 centimeter uterine lining as opposed to 6 millimeters. I don't think 6 centimeters is possible. She tried to push me into having a uterine biopsy right then, when a follow-up ultrasound would have been (and was) enough to show that my uterus was healthy. I have never had such a rough, uncomfortable pelvic exam in my life -- it was as if she were a plumber trying to fix a sink. She seemed clueless, awkward, and unskilled. I couldn't imagine having this doctor deliver anyone's baby!
Dr. Earle-Cruickshanks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Health Alliance Hospitals Inc
Health Alliance Hospital-Leomenster Campus
13 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
St James Hospital
Dr. Germaine Earle-Cruickshanks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Germaine Earle-Cruickshanks in this video.
Dr. Germaine Earle-Cruickshanks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.