Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Gerry Ellis
Dr. Gerry Ellis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decatur, AL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Ellis is affiliated with Hartselle Medical Center, Decatur General Hospital - West and Parkway Medical Center Hospital. Dr. Ellis has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gerry Ellis has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Gerry Ellis has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Gerry Ellis has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gerry Ellis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Staff is friendly. Bedside manner is not that great. He asked questions and listens but when he decided to do an exam he acted like it was an inconvenience and a waste of time. Seeming annoyed he threw his clipboard on the counter from a couple feet away and hatefully said I guess I will have to call the nurse back in here. Both times I have been, he seemed somewhat impatient. The first time he orally gave me instructions on how to take a prescription, when I asked him if he could write down the sequence in which he was telling me to take the meds he acted again inconvenienced and said just take it every such and such a day and blew off writing it down or giving me something to write it down on.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ellis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hartselle Medical Center
Decatur General Hospital - West
Parkway Medical Center Hospital
Decatur General Hospital
Decatur General West
38 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Gerry Ellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions1304 13th Ave SE, Decatur, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gerry Ellis, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Decatur, AL, in this video.
Dr. Gerry Ellis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, AL.