Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gertrude Y Li has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. Gertrude Y Li has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Gertrude Y Li is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
My daughter had Spinal Fusion for severe Scoliosis with her and I have to say the care is very rushed and poor! She said she sees over 50-60 patients a day. She does not have good bedside manner. My daughter has been in daily severe Periscapular Shoulder Blade pain every since surgery. She can no longer attend regular school due to the horrible pain!!! She did an X ray and says well her hardware is in place and fusion was a success. She said it was Bursitis and after an MRI (outside of U of M) we discovered she has a Pinched Long Thoracic Nerve and Tendenosis. However, Dr Li says their U of M radiologist says MRI is normal. She refuses to call me and I can only reach her nurse. She has since referred us to Physical Medicine to manage the pain because her job is done. I would not recommend Dr LI for care of your loved one!
I was not impressed with this dr at all. My daughter had an injury from a fall. Her bedside manner is as if she was bothered to be there. She only did a quick exam. Made some observations and seemed to be in and out within 10 minutes. The appt. took longer from the two other times we had to repeat the story to the students who were shadowing her. She seemed to be very uninterested. She also left us hanging with no real path to pursue. Then we were dumped on pediatric pain management, followed by rheumatology and sports medicine docs. Noone even thought to take an xray of a fall victim's back. Frustrated with her uncaring attitude. We wasted our time going to see her. We will never go back there.
My physician at Michigan set me up with this doctor to talk about my scoliosis and treatment options. This was the second orthopedist I've seen at Michigan (the first retired). She was pretty careless and not the most pleasant. When she told me my condition wouldn't change anymore, I told her that the previous doctor had said the same thing when it had gotten worse and she said "well I wasn't here when that doctor was here and I'm not that doctor." Not to mention, of course, the condition got two times worse going against what she said. But, I will give her the benefit of the doubt, because maybe she does well with other conditions that have easier fixes- just not scoliosis.
13 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Gertrude Y Li accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Gertrude Y Li is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.