Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ghada O Al-Asadi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Women's Health
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
Dr. Al-Asadi is not a compassionate woman, nor is she a good listener. She treated me with suspicion and never cracked a smile once. When I asked her to explain the side effects of the medication that she was prescribing to me (which I had never taken before), she only talked about it's potential for abuse. Terrible ability to speak with patients. Her office is quite small, but she turns her back to you as soon as she's done writing whatever she's writing in her files. It's ghastly how she treated me. Saw her twice, second time, only because I had to for a med change. She shows no compassion whatsoever, and the office seems like a factory where they churn out patients to make money. I'd avoid this doctor and find one with more empathy.
Dr. Ghada Al-Asadi treated me in the 80's, and it saved my job because I could not work well. I left the country to Europe and she sent me a lot of material to give to my Dr. and also advised me by phone. When the time came for me to leave Europe, my Dr. who was the head of psychiatry in the city said "Who is going to tell us about the latest medication and how to augment them? Sometimes I call her several times a week and she never grumbles. She is very concous, outstanding and I am very happy with her. She is very patient, spends enough time with me and answers all the questions I have.In short she is outstanding and I am very blessed having her as my Doctor.
Dr. Al-Asadi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1975
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Ghada O Al-Asadi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJacob And Associates, 415 W Route 66 Ste 202, Glendora, CA
Dr. Ghada O Al-Asadi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendora, CA.