Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ghada A Albeheary MD
Dr. Ghada A Albeheary has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ghada A Albeheary has the following 13 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Women's Health
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Ghada A Albeheary is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
thankful for this doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ghada A Albeheary - Posted on November 20th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ghada A Albeheary - Posted on October 23rd, 2018
I highly recommend Dr. Albeheary.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ghada A Albeheary - Posted on June 20th, 2017
Seriously Questionable Ethics and Straight up Rude
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ghada A Albeheary - Posted on April 13th, 2017
DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE. I have had issues like other people with constantly late (and sometimes doctor cancelled) appointments. I have had issues with the rude front desk staff who have actually made derisive comments about the medication I take and hung up on me when I tried to discuss a billing mistake that the office made. However, the icing on the cake was when the office cancelled my upcoming appointment after I complained about their billing mistake - all the while refusing to fix said mistake. I was billed for services that I did not receive and released from the practice, then hung up on, when I tried to remedy it. I will not go into details here, but I am beginning to suspect that this office intentionally bills its patients using a higher level of codes than they actually should, knowing that most customers will not notice, as this is billed directly to their insurance. Their refusal to remedy the situation suggests as much. Please be advised and do not see Dr. Albeheary.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ghada A Albeheary - Posted on October 11th, 2016
30 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1989
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University
Dr. Ghada A Albeheary Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
More about Dr. Ghada A Albeheary
Please visit www.dralbeheary.com for more information about my practice.
Locations & DirectionsDR ALBEHEARY & ASSOCIATES SC, 980 N Michigan Ave Ste 1083, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ghada A Albeheary, MD - Psychiatry in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Ghada A Albeheary is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.