Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ghalib Y Talia has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
If you have minor issues like hemorrhoids, do yourself a favor and find another Doctor. He will not examine you unless you have a Colonoscopy first and even then he will not treat hemorrhoids during that colonoscopy as he requires yet another appointment. All this adds up to excessive billing and most insurance companies WILL NOT pay for a Colonoscopy until after the age of 50. More importantly this Doctor is rude and arrogant. He used scare tactics on me saying I was wrong to think hemorrhoids when it is better to think Cancer. All this without even examining me. Anyway, I went to another GI Doctor the next day, and that Doctor performed a sigmoidoscopy right there in his office and treated what was a minor internal hemorrhoid. Dr. Talia represents everything that is wrong with our Healthcare system. Again, unless you have serious symptoms, do not fall for his "multiple appointment" mindset that he clearly uses to over charge you.
My husband I both love Dr. Talia. He always brings you into his office before and after his examination to explain your situation and why he is doing the chosen treatment. Yes, he is a bit of a curmudgeon, but that's his personality. We have always found him to be nothing but warm and caring to us. I hate his colonoscopy prep (GoLightly) but he truly believes it is the better prep. I will miss him when he retires.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
50 Years Experience
University Of Baghdad
Graduated in 1968
St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital
Dr. Ghalib Y Talia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGhalib Yusuf Talia Md, 44555 Woodward Ave Ste 301, Pontiac, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ghalib Y Talia in this video.
Dr. Ghalib Y Talia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pontiac, MI.