Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ghassan A Bizri has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Ghassan A Bizri has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Migraine Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Ghassan A Bizri has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 6
It was my first time seeing dr. Biziri. He seemed very rushed and impersonal. It almost seemed as if he had not looked at my records for more than just a few minutes before we met. He said I had one diagnosis when I had something very different but the diagnosis ' both began with the same letter. Thinking that it was most likely just a Freudian slip I gently reminded him of my correct diagnosis and he said "oh yeah, that's right. " However, he made the same mistake later in our hour together. I was now concerned. He then doubled my Cymbalta and put me on a new med. Come to find out later by a professional who is also a friend that the drug was for a severe caseof the disorder that he had mistakenly repeated that I had. On top of that he seemed like he did not want to listen to me and that he thought I was wrong or In denial. I don't know but the new drug made me feel VERY ILL! I have another appointment tomorrow but I am seriously considering canceling it. All I can say is wow, be careful who you go to and in my case I was limited on my dr. Selection because of my insurance. Just be aware, astute and advocate for yourself with any dr. That you go to see.
36 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCharles A Barrios Md, 1831 Gilmore Ave, Lakeland, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ghassan A Bizri, MD - Psychiatry in Lakeland, FL, in this video.
Dr. Ghassan A Bizri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeland, FL.