Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh
Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Secaucus, NJ, with another office in Newton, NJ. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wardeh is affiliated with Newton Medical Center. Dr. Wardeh has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh has the following 17 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Riverside Medical Group, Maywood NJ- He and Riverside staff make you wait in the patients room for about an hour, i come to Dr. Wardeh hoping for him to answer my questions and listen to me. All he said is I drink too much coffee and I dont know how to use my inhaler. He TOLD ME why dont you try smoking maybe it will help you. Cruel doctor or his jokes are cruel. He really doesnt care about his patients and clearly wont find the best help for you or listen to you. Do not waste your money.
The first time I went into the office I was examined prescribed medication then the Dr. left the room. I turned to the nurse asking her were the doctor went she said he left. I asked her what did he diagnose me with she said she didn't know, and asked me if I wanted to talk to the Dr. I said to her are you kidding me of course. When he came in he gave me the diagnoses and I new he was wrong. I pretty much had a feeling what I had. There are things that are pretty much common sense, and you don't need a degree to diagnose. The 2nd time I came back telling him that the medication he prescribed isn't working. He checked me again and sure enough he diagnosed me with what I already new I had. Pretty scary knowing your putting your life in a professionals hands and they pretty much could careless. The sad thing is there are so many Dr.'s out there like that.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Wardeh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of Almustansiriyah
Graduated in 1989
St Josephs Medical Center
Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh in this video.
Dr. Ghassan L Wardeh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Secaucus, NJ.