Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ghulam N Mir has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ghulam N Mir has the following 19 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Zenker Diverticulum
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Abdominal Pain
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Core Biopsy
- Hepatitis C
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
Dr. Ghulam N Mir has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ghulam N Mir is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Ive been with Dr Mir 20 plus yrs and have had several colonoscopy and Edos with him. Over the yrs and He isn't the best about talking but he is a great Dr. he has always made sure I was comfortable during the test and he has always been through and Jill who works with him...I just Love her she is great you can talk to her about anything.I don't know if you just see her while in the hospital or not but she walks in the room more like a friend and answers any questions an she takes her time listening.
I have been seeing Dr. Mir @ 3 years for a colonoscopy. He is so caring & gentle, if I feel the slightest bit of discomfort, he administes more medication. I had to have an endoscopy at one point, aside from the nasty taste of what they spray down your throat, it was totally painfree & over before I even realized.I highly recommend Dr. Mir to all of my friemds & family.
So, perhaps his bedside manner isn't the best - his work as a specialist is . . . and THAT is the primary reason I go to Dr. Mir. He provided excellent care and I've never hesitated going back for follow-ups. Additionally, Dr. Mir saved my mothers life! His knowledge and experience is what places him above others in his field. If you'd like him to elaborate, then simply ask him. If you'd like him to offer medical literature, then kindly request it from him or his staff. Respect is given to those who give.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
48 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1970
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSummit Gastroenterology Associates, 3939 S Cleveland Massillon Rd, Barberton, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ghulam N Mir in this video.
Dr. Ghulam N Mir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Barberton, OH.