Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen MD
Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA, with other offices in Pittsburgh, PA and Pittsburgh, PA . She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Hematology and Oncology. She speaks English.
Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen has 3 locations
300 Halket St Ste 4628
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Book Online Now
Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen has the following 10 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Van Londen
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen - Posted on January 9th, 2016
I had the pleasure of being treated by Dr Van Londen when I was in Motifiore hospital with colon cancer. Such a special person with the best bedside manner I've ever come across. I wish she was my primary so I could be treated by her.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen - Posted on January 8th, 2010
18 Years Experience
University Of Groningen
Graduated in 2000
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gijsberta J Van Londen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.