Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gilbert F Gelfand
Dr. Gilbert F Gelfand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Whittier, CA, with another office in La Mirada, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Gelfand is affiliated with Beverly Hospital, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gilbert F Gelfand has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Lupus Nephritis
- Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Central Nervous System Lupus Vasculitis (CNS Lupus Vasculitis)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Arthritis (Periarthritis)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Love this Doctor, one of the most kind compassionate doctors I have ever seen, minus a few friends that are doctors (which I would never use as my doctor too much info.). Dr Gelfand is one of the few Great Doctors that actually call you back personally, not many doctors take the time to make the call. Doctor also makes every effort in seeing you at a time when everyone else is still in bed, he is already at his office seeing patients, and always the last one to leave. Commitment to the betterment of his patience is definitely his number one priority. Thank you Dr Gelfand I wouldnât be back at work without your dedication and compassion you show to each and every patient. Thank you so much for all you do, and the love you have as a doctor helping others
Dr is always 2 hours late for all appointments, I have been seeing him for 10 years. His nurse is rude. Dr doesn't return my calls. His nurse hung up on me 4 times. My Pharmacy could not get a person on the line. My Medication is over due and I can't get it without the dr approval due to the new laws. I suffer from chronic pain and I have been trying to get referred to Pain Management for 2 years now. Staff never follows up on referrals. The Doctor told me I have the worst Insurance; that means the quality of care is proportional to the amount of payment acquired.
Dr. Gelfand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1975
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Gilbert F Gelfand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gilbert F Gelfand in this video.
Dr. Gilbert F Gelfand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whittier, CA.