Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gilbert Herod MD
Dr. Gilbert Herod, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Herod is affiliated with Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated, Riverview Hospital and St. Vincent Carmel Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gilbert Herod has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
Dr. Gilbert Herod is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Herod is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
St. Vincent Carmel Hospital
St.Vincent Heart Center Of Indiana,Llc
Witham Memorial Hospital
Methodist Medical Group and Specialty Physicians
Methodist Hospital Clarian Health
52 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University
Graduated in 1961
Dr. Gilbert Herod Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Gilbert Herod's office for more information.
1801 Senate Blvd Indianapolis, IN : (317) 923-1787
Locations & Directions1801 Senate Blvd, Indianapolis, IN
Dr. Gilbert Herod is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.