Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gilbert E Marchal has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 9
Have seen Dr Marchal many times over many years. Always makes me comfortable and listens. Tries to give you his time but seems a bit rushed because he is in demand. That's something a doctor earns but regretfully makes it tough to get an appt with him right away. I will wait if I can because it's worth it to be treated with some care and thought behind his decisions and diagnosis. Just hope he doesn't retire anytime in the near future. Competence with a good bedside manner isn't easy to find...
I was referred to this doctor when my last PCP acted uncaring about some pain I was having in my wrist. She pretty much told me to deal w/it. Dr Marchal recognized the problem immediately & was shocked that the previous PCP did nothing to correct it. I had this pain for 2 mos & after seeing Dr Marchal, it was gone w/in 1 week! It has never returned & that was several yrs ago! I love him! He has since become my regular PCP. He is a very caring doctor. Sometimes I feel like my time w/him is a bit rushed, but I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a new PCP. His staff is awesome & very professional! Plus his practice becomes an immediate care center after regular office hrs. Can't beat that! I love this practice!
42 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
St Elizabeth Medical Center
Dr. Gilbert E Marchal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Louisville HMOx
- Humana Preferred PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthend Medical Clinic, 5129 Dixie Hwy Ste 100, Louisville, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gilbert E Marchal in this video.
Dr. Gilbert E Marchal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.