Dr. Gilbert Wilshire Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gilbert Wilshire?

Beyond Expectations

Posted on August 22nd, 2017

My wife and I are so delighted by the care we received at Dr. Wilshire's office. Everyone was so supportive of us along our journey: Dr. Wilshire, the nurses performing procedures, and even the administrative staff. We had a fairly poor experience at our previous fertility clinic and were referred to Dr. Wilshire by a friend. We are now both pregnant at the same time thanks to him and his team! We have already begun recommending him to other friends.

Posted on November 4th, 2016

The staff and Dr. Wilshire truly seem to care about you. He tells it EXACTLY how it is, with no beating around the bush. Literally the best doctor I have ever been to.

Posted on February 19th, 2016

The staff is incredible, they are all wonderful people. They are working to the best of their ability to help our little family grow :)

Posted on December 17th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Wilshire for the past 3 years and I absolutely love the staff. I appreciate that he tells it like it is. The man definitely knows what he's doing. :)

Very informative !!!

Posted on November 4th, 2015

I showed up 30 minutes early to make sure I had turned in all the paper work that was required. Which it had been and they took me back early! First he starts all appointments by having the nurse check you vitals and height weight exc... Then you watch a movie all about different fertility issues , concerns and treatment ( 10 mins long) I found it very informative and nice to know a little bit about Dr. wilshire prior to giving him my whole life story about my reproductive issues. Dr. Wilshire then came and got me and took me to his office. He was so friendly , laid back , but still professional. He went over all my past health history and went over my needs an concerns . He then talk me through the whole process and thing I could do to improve my health and ways to improve my fertility. ( yes that includes a healthy diet. I see many people getting offended if he calls you over weight, but that's not what he did at all , he just suggest the Paleolithic diet as its healthier for everyone anyway) it take no genius to know a healthy weight is better for baby. He even stated I don't care about the number of weight , just eating different . He went over even the fatty meats and fats I need to be eating instead of avoiding them like I was. Then after all of our talking which was amazing and I had already learned so much!!! Then we went to do the ultra sound , he explained to me everything he saw and pointed them out and explained every detail. It was a wonderful experience and a wonderful staff.

Posted on October 10th, 2015

Awesome Doctor! Highly recommend!

Posted on January 1st, 2015

Excellent physician/surgeon and great staff. He educates patients and "listens" to patients.

Amazing!

Posted on April 2nd, 2014

I have just had one appointment so far with Dr. Wilshire. He was really helpful and gave us a lot of information. Now I know all the mistakes I was making with my diet and exactly how to fix them. I'm overweight with PCOS and cannot get pregnant. Dr. Wilshire wasn't afraid to say it either which I really liked. All the women on here complaining about that really need to get over it. If you want to get pregnant bad enough you will do whatever it takes. Trust me switching to the paleo diet was the hardest thing I have ever done (I LOVE bread). But it is possible. I've lost 12 pounds so far just by cutting out carbs, it's amazing. Don't be mad about him telling you that you need to drop some weight. His goal is to help you have a baby so stop denying that you could stand to lose some weight and just try it.... it WILL help!

Posted on September 1st, 2013

Dr. Wilshire and his staff were amazing. From the moment I called for information, to the day I took my sweet baby to visit Dr. Wilshire it was a great place to be. Our appointments were always on time, and they gave us costs up front. I had been to another doctor for years, and knew there was more to the story on why we could not conceive. Within a few minutes Dr. Wilshire knew what the problem was, he told us exactly what to do, we followed his instructions and four months after our first visit became pregnant. We couldn't be happier!

Posted on May 13th, 2013

So, I just wanted to share the success that I have had with Dr. Wilshires services! I have PCOS and one my first cycle with an IUI got pregnant. I did have to change my diet to the Paleo diet and lost almost 20 pounds in about a month and a half. But, it was very worth it and I can't believe how amazing my experience has been.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on April 20th, 2013

After visiting four other doctors in town, all stumped about what was going on with me (some suggested it was in my head), a friend recommended Dr. Wilshire and said he was good. He spent a good deal of time going over my previous blood work and a lot of other testing and said he thought it might be something that is pretty rare, but I'd not been tested for it. A week later, when the labs were back, I got the call that that was what it was! I had an answer! I am so grateful for Dr. Wilshire and his expertise!

Hearing Is Not Listening

Posted on April 12th, 2013

I saw this physician once, and only once. I had a perplexing hormonal problem which took two specialists (out of state) to solve. Not only did Dr. Wilshire not believe me when I described my symptoms to him (the most notable of which were extreme fatigue and unexplained and rapid weight gain), he told me I would have to "choose" between being tired all the time and gaining weight. This is a problem with a number of physicians today; rather than making diagnoses based on a combination of blood work and symptoms, as has been done in the past and is, among recent graduates, being done again, they rely solely on blood tests. Obviously this is insufficient; a number of disorders that might be discovered through blood tests take a good deal of time to appear (mine took a year) even if the symptoms are manifest. Some, depending on the severity and nature of the disorder and the day one has blood labs drawn, never do. Not having known this at the time, I left my blood work with him in early December, and was promised a call back. It's April, and I've still heard nothing. I cannot be more grateful to my out of state physicians for not only having believed me, but for pursuing treatment based on a sensible combination of blood work analysis and *listening to their patient.* If you have hormonal or PCOS-related issues, there *are* other specialists even here within Columbia. I urge you not to seek his aid. Further, the other comments posted regarding his inappropriate and often insulting comments are wholly true. Just because I am not clinically overweight does not mean I am comfortable with his tossing around of terms like "fat girls." People pay a goodly amount to see physicians with the expectation that they will be listened to, treated courteously, and helped. While he certainly *heard* me, I cannot say that I feel I was listened to; there was no courtesy involved, and I most certainly was not helped.