Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gilmore Oneill
Dr. Gilmore Oneill, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Neurologyttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr and Psychiatry. Dr. Oneill is affiliated with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, McLean Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gilmore Oneill has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Gilmore Oneill has the following 8 expertise
- Addison Disease (Adrenoleukodystrophy)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
Dr. Gilmore Oneill is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Oneill is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Massachusetts General Hospital
Brigham & Women's Hospital
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus
Mass General Hospital
Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
22 Years Experience
University College Dublin
Graduated in 1991
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Gilmore Oneill Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Gilmore Oneill's office for more information.
55 Fruit St Boston, MA : (617) 726-2000
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Dr. Gilmore Oneill is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.