Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gina Amalfitano
Dr. Gina Amalfitano, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plymouth, MI, with another office in Taylor, MI. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Amalfitano is affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Saline Hospital, Henry Ford Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gina Amalfitano has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gina Amalfitano is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Amalfitano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph Mercy Saline Hospital
Henry Ford Hospital
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
Ashe Memorial Hospital
St. Joseph Ann Arbor Hospital
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Ann Arbor
26 Years Experience
Michigan State University
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gina Amalfitano, MD - Internal Medicine in Plymouth, MI, in this video.
Dr. Gina Amalfitano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plymouth, MI.