Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ginamarie Salcedo has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr Salcedo was my doctor at Mango Medical Hilo and when they closed down in November last year, I visited all the clinics that accepted new patients in Hilo but they did not compare to the caliber of Dr. Salcedo. She was very thorough and explained everything. I finally tried calling Dr Linden' s office and I found out that he died in November but can you believe how fate worked out for me! Dr. Salcedo was working at his clinic to help them keep the clinic open. She also working someplace in Pahoa. Talk about a self sacrificing physician! I heard alot of her patients from Mango Hilo Clinic have followed her and I told her if she ever leaves the Linden Clinic, I am going to go wehrever she stay working, even to Pahoa!
Dr. Salcedo is honest and an excellent doctor. My son saw her and she was able to get him off his pain medications. Most doctors continued his paid medication and I was angry when he comes home from his appointments. I had him change doctors and Dr. Salcedo was the only one accepting new patients. She did not continue his medications which upset my son but later he realized that he did not need them. He was addicted to them and my son is a better and happier person. She changed our family. I know there are people that are bitter when they don't get what they want and it is because they are not in pain. They are addicted or selling the pain medications.
9 Years Experience
University of Hawaii
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Ginamarie Salcedo accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ginamarie Salcedo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hilo, HI.