Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gina Perez has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. She knowingly double books appointments so much that the one time I had my own appointment time she was like, "Oh, you have your own appointment, yay!"and laughed. I don't think it's funny at all. I've waited regularly over an hour to get in and often I wait half an hour or 45 minutes, only to see this dr come out to get A DIFFERENT PATIENT! And then I sit there through this other person's appointment too! I don't know the longest I have waited but it's over an hour for sure. But the worst thing about Dr Perez is that after each appointment I felt much worse, not better. She does NOT listen to your concerns and is very rude. She makes me feel like I don't matter in my own treatment and likes to say a major problem is OVER just because I had ONE good day. She's a terrible dr and is just there to make money. The only good thing I got out of this was a RX that I already knew I needed- my coverage had lapsed before I started seeing her so I asked her to put me back on the same one my old dr had me on... Seriously. Beware. Don't go to Dr Perez.
18 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Gina Perez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gina Perez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.