Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ginger R Mcmullen has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ginger R Mcmullen has the following 17 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
Dr. Ginger R Mcmullen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
She does the pair minimum of an exam! Tells me none of my symptoms are related to my thyroid yet I still feel terrible and everything I read says the symptoms are related. When I complained she did this very elaborate exam and then sent me for an ultrasound which cost me a lot of money to find nothing. Next visit, same old basic exam which took 5 minutes.
Apparently this drs practice is incapable of estimating patient costs of even the most routine visits.
Dr. McMullen may prescribe natural dessicated thyroid hormones but don't count on her diagnosing you off anything more than the TSH. Your T3 & T4 are worthless here. After spending 5 minutes with me, being dismissive of my symptoms, and telling me that something is absolutely medically impossible for me to have (even though numerous medical associations and peer reviewed medical journals say otherwise), I will never go back to her. I have something that can be fatal if left untreated and she said there was no way possible for me to have it. Avoid Dr McMullen at all costs.
Dr. Mc Mullen is an amazing phisician. She treats me, not just my thyroid. She listens, gives me the information I need in an easy to understand manner and most importantly she cares. She asks about my health and that of my families. She seems more interested in me as a person than most general practitioners. I recommend her to all those looking for a good endocrinologist!
Dr. Mcmullen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Ginger R Mcmullen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSutter Medical Group, 1020 29th St Ste 270, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ginger R Mcmullen in this video.
Dr. Ginger R Mcmullen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.